Freefly Movi Pro SL4 Battery Kit
Product code : FRE.910-00691
The Movi Pro SL4 Battery Kit includes everything you need to convert your Movi Pro to the robust SL4 power system.
Round out your Movi Pro upgrade by adding two more SL4 batteries to your cart and save 10% on your second set of batteries!
Runtime on Movi Pro
In our testing, a single set of SL4-Ground batteries will run the Movi Pro for the following times:
2.25 hrs - RED Helium Epic, 6k 13:1, 2 focus motors, wireless video, with continuous handheld use
2.25 hrs - RED Helium Epic, 8k 6:1, 2 focus motors, wireless video, with continuous handheld use
2 hrs - RED Helium Epic, 6k 13:1, 2 focus motors, wireless video, system test mode (non-stop motion on all three axis, driven by testing software on a testing stand)
5.75 hrs - Sony Alpha 7R IV 4k, 1 focus motor, wireless video, system test mode (non-stop motion on all three axis, driven by testing software on a testing stand)
Qty 2 - SL4-Ground Battery
Qty 2 - Movi Pro to SL Battery Plate Adapter
Qty 2 - SL Battery Charger (USB C)
Qty 2 - USB C to C Cable (2m/6.5ft)
Not included, but required for operation:
USB C PD Wall Adapter
- SL4-Ground Battery (2 batteries)
- The batteries have a USB type C port onboard supplying up to 60 watts for powering devices such as a phone or laptop.
- These smart batteries have a screen for viewing a range of specs from voltage, and power output to lifetime charge cycles, and much more.*
- SL batteries utilize Lithium-Ion cells for more reliable performance and safer handling than LiPo battery cells.
- These batteries are not only for the Movi Pro and Movi Carbon! We have published CAD and made an API available for anyone to integrate this into their electronics.
- Movi Pro to SL Adapters (1 pair)
- These adapters install onto the original Movi Pro battery plates without tools and feature a pair of 4pin Molex connectors for raw battery voltage for your accessories.**
- SL Battery Charger
- The charger uses USB PD for both input for charging, and output to charge your laptop for additional functionality on the job.
- Charging time for one pack is roughly one hour with a 100w USB C power brick***.
*The state of charge (SOC) indicator on the battery is always the most accurate, but there is a firmware update available for Movi Pro & Carbon (through the Movi Pro app), that allows you to select your battery type for increased accuracy of state of charge reporting on the back of the Movi. For more information about this, click here.
**Please ensure that the devices you are powering from these ports can handle 6s voltage (18v-25.2v) or use a regulator to step down to the desired voltage. With the batteries directly powering these ports, you will lose power to any attached accessories during a battery hot-swap.
***USB C power brick not included, click here to check out the handful we reviewed for some guidance on what to use.
- Nominal Voltage: 21.6 V
- Min Voltage: 18 V
- Max Voltage: 25.2 V
- Capacity: 4.1 Ah
- Capacity: 86.4 Wh
- Ambient Operating Temperature : -20 C to 50 C
- Battery Cell Temperature: 10 C to 50 C
- Charging Temperature: 0 C to 50 C
- Weather: Moderate rain (~3 mm/minute)
- Drop Rating: 1 meter
- USB Power Delivery: 60W (up to 3A at 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V or 20V)
- Cell Chemistry: Lithium-Ion
- Cell Type: Lishen LR2170SF
- Max Current: 20 A
- Continuous Current: 13.5 A
- Weight: 600g
Movi Pro to SL Battery Adapter:
- Adapts Movi Pro to SuperLight Battery plate
- Tool-less Quick Release
- Two 4pin Molex connectors for raw battery voltage (18-25.2v)
- Compatible with SL4 (SL8 with optional extender, coming soon)
SL Battery Charger (USB C):
- Input: USB type C
- Input Range: USB Power Delivery (PD) 9V, 12V, 15V, 20V up to 100W
- Compatible with SL4 & SL8
- Weight: 65g
If you wish to purchase in store, to avoid disappointment, please confirm the availability of the product at your local John Barry prior to visiting.
Alternatively, orders placed online by 2pm AEST are typically dispatched same day, if ordered online.
If your product is on backorder, please contact us for an ETA.
Shipping is done via Startrack Express or Australia Post eParcel service and tracking advice will be provided once shipped.
For more information, please visit our Shipping Policy.
Should you have any questions regarding our equipment warranty conditions, please contact us
John Barry reserves the right under Australian Consumer Law to refuse a request for an exchange or refund on all final sale items, if you have misused/mishandled the product, or if you have simply changed your mind. Please visit our Refunds & Returns policy page for further information.