Freefly Movi Controller + FRX Pro (900 MHz)
Product code : FRE.950-00125
The Movi Controller is a professional grade remote system that allows the operator full control over pan, tilt, and roll, as well as focus, iris and zoom, gimbal settings and camera control (for supported cameras).
The Movi Controller brings control the camera (pointing it, start/stop record, camera settings and FIZ) to one sleek console for Movi Pro, Movi Carbon and Movi XL. You can mount it to a tripod, or use the included neck harness to take your operations on the go.
This bundle includes a pair FRX Pro (900 MHz) modules, one for the Movi Controller and one for the Movi (Pro, XL or Carbon).*
Control of the pan, tilt, and roll come from a 2-axis joystick and any input knob you choose to assign to roll control.
- Roll control on Movi Controller will be limited to trimming or small adjustments. If you want full roll control, add Movi Wheels to your kit.
It provides gimbal telemetry from the Movi (Movi Pro, Movi Carbon or Movi XL) and allows the user to access Movi system menus to enable on the fly adjustment of key system parameters.
You can start and stop recording as well as control capture parameters from supported cameras, both on the Movi Pro and from the Movi Controller (and the MIMIC).
- If you are operating a RED camera that has RCP, you can control start/stop, camera parameters and playback through the RED RCP Cable, on Movi Pro or Movi XL. (Does not include RCP2 cameras like Komodo or V-Raptor)
- If you are operating an ARRI Alexa Mini, you can control start/stop of recording with the Movi Pro ARRI Start/Stop Cable.
- Control start/stop with Vision Research Phantom cameras (equipped with a FISCHER 12 PIN) with the Movi Pro / XL Phantom Start/Stop Cable.
- Start and stop your Freefly Wave camera with the Movi Pro Wave Remote Control Cable.
- With the Movi Pro LANC Serial Cable, you can start and stop recording remotely on LANC equipped cameras.
There are individual, dedicated hardware inputs to allow to control focus, iris and zoom.
- With a RED camera and Canon EF lenses on Movi Pro or XL you can control the focus and iris through the RED RCP Cable without external lens motors.
- For all other camera and lens combinations, through the integrated 3-axis lens control system in the Movi Pro and Movi XL, you can control compatible external lens motors, or with the integrated FIZ motors in Movi Carbon.
Live View and Playback
The Movi Controller also simplifies the remote control station by providing a quick-release mount and power for an LCD monitor and optional accessories to help mount your wireless video system.
- Integrated monitor mount with our 13mm Quick-Release
- With the optional 13mm Dual Quick Release Mount and an extra 13mm Plug, you can double your mounting options and install your video receiver behind your monitor.
A single v-lock battery will power your controller, monitor, wireless video system, and additional 5 or 12v accessories. There are several power outputs on the controller:
- 12V 3A 2-pin LEMO (not ARRI pinned)
- 12V 50W D-Tap (on the v-lock plate)
- 5V USB A (two!)
*You will need to be running 2.0 or higher firmware on your Movi and 4.0 or higher on your Controller to use this setup. This setup is not compatible with legacy systems including Movi M5/M10/M15 or WEDGE.
- Movi Controller
- Qty 1 - FRX Pro 900 MHz (for Movi Pro/XL/Carbon) (Pair)
- Qty 1 - USB A-A Cable (for firmware updates)
- Qty 1 - Focus Knob Label Ring
- Qty 1 - Neck Strap
- Qty 1 - Spare Receiver Mounting Tape
- Qty 1 - Controller Aux Power Cable (for monitors)
- Qty 1 - 300mm Movi Controller Receiver Cable for Movi Pro/Carbon/XL (COM to COM)
- Qty 1 - IDX P-VS2 V-Mount Battery Plate with Power Cable (installed on controller)
- Qty 1 - Monitor/Tripod Mount (installed on controller)
- Qty 1 - Foam designed to drop into Pelican 1500 cases
If you wish to purchase in store, to avoid disappointment, please confirm the availability of the product at your local John Barry prior to visiting.
Alternatively, orders placed online by 2pm AEST are typically dispatched same day, if ordered online.
If your product is on backorder, please contact us for an ETA.
Shipping is done via Startrack Express or Australia Post eParcel service and tracking advice will be provided once shipped.
For more information, please visit our Shipping Policy.
Should you have any questions regarding our equipment warranty conditions, please contact us
John Barry reserves the right under Australian Consumer Law to refuse a request for an exchange or refund on all final sale items, if you have misused/mishandled the product, or if you have simply changed your mind. Please visit our Refunds & Returns policy page for further information.