SOUND DEVICES Battery-powered stereo headphone amplifier
Product code : SOU.HX-3
UPC code :859108005406
Sound Devices Hx-3 Headphone Amp
The compact Sound Devices HX-3 Headphone Distribution Amplifier is the perfect accessory to quickly provide three high-performance stereo headphone feeds with individual level controls from line-level sources.
The HX-3 can produce very high headphone levels with extremely low noise and distortion. The HX-3 can add headphone outputs to the 442, 302, MixPre, MM-1, and USBPre.
Great for radio, television, film, and music production applications, the battery-powered HX-3 accepts balanced XLR line-level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs.
Its 1/4-inch loop-out can connect multiple HX-3's for additional headphone outputs. Headphones are connected to panel-mounted 1/4-inch stereo connectors.
The HX-3 has a durable aluminum chassis to withstand the punishment of field and studio environments. The unit is powered by inexpensive batteries (two-AA) or external 5-18 VDC.
- Three isolated headphone outputs with individual volume controls.
- 125 dB dynamic range with flat frequency response.
- Durable 1/4-inch connectors, panel mounted for strength.
- Stereo or mono monitoring.
- Peak LED indicates headphone overload.
- Two balanced XLR line level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs.
- Loop Output to connect additional HX-3's in series.
- All-metal connectors solidly mounted to the chassis for durability and RF immunity.
- Free from "Pin-1" grounding problems.
- Internal battery-power for up to 18 hours from two AA alkaline batteries.
If you wish to purchase in store, to avoid disappointment, please confirm the availability of the product at your local John Barry prior to visiting.
Alternatively, orders placed online by 2pm AEST are typically dispatched same day, if ordered online.
If your product is on backorder, please contact us for an ETA.
Shipping is done via Startrack Express or Australia Post eParcel service and tracking advice will be provided once shipped.
For more information, please visit our Shipping Policy.
Should you have any questions regarding our equipment warranty conditions, please contact us
John Barry reserves the right under Australian Consumer Law to refuse a request for an exchange or refund on all final sale items, if you have misused/mishandled the product, or if you have simply changed your mind. Please visit our Refunds & Returns policy page for further information.