- Wireless HD-Video Transmission System
Wireless HD-Video Transmission System
Product code : IDX.CW-7
IDX CW-7 Uncompressed Wireless HD
The IDX CW-7 is extremely versatile and designed for use in many applications and environments,
including mobile camera roaming at live entertainment, news and sporting events, studio feedback, outdoor monitoring, live production, video assist and director monitoring.
On the set of almost every single-camera or multi-camera shoot, the director needs to be located close to the camera to assess the footage being recorded.
In reality this is not easy to achieve and often the use of video assist equipment, mounted on the camera, is used to get the view of the camera operator and ensure the image is being shot the wayit should be.
The easiest way to achieve this is for the CW-7 TX to be mounted directly by integral V-Mount to the camera, while the CW-7 RX is connected to a video monitor for viewing close by.
The latency of the CW-7 is also less than 1 millisecond which ensures that transmission is in real time. There is automatic detection of HD-SDI and SD-SDI video, supporting all common video profiles and formats used on a wide range of broadcast and film cameras.
The images transmitted by the CW-7 feed are not only used to monitor live footage, it is also used for checking audio, continuity and lighting. For this purpose, the CW-7 can operate in Multi-cast mode, which allows transmission from one Transmitter to multiple Receivers simultaneously.
Invaluable for key personnel to in different locations to view the same image.
- Lightweight with low power consumption
- Wireless transmission of video and embedded audio using MIMO/OFDM technology
- 4 selectable channels
- HD-SDI/SD-SDI input and output
- 1 millisecond latency, no discernible video delay
- Power back up feature allows battery fall back should external DC fail
- License free operation, fully certified for use in Europe
- Integral V-Mount connections for camera and battery attachment
- New DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) providing auto selection of 5 frequencies for outdoor use and 7 frequencies for indoor use
- Increased frequency bandwidth for improved HD picture quality
- DFS enables transmitted power to rise from max 50mW in CW-5HD to 250mW in CW-7
- New video formats supported including 24p, 25p and PsF
- Power through feature DC from battery or external connector on CW-7 to connected host device e.g. camcorder/monitor
- Industry standard 3/8” screw thread in base of units to extend mounting options
Frequency: 5GHz band
Frequency Bandwidth: 40MHz per channel
Frequency Selection: 4 selectable channels on TX & RX (Ch2, CH2, DFS Auto Indoor, DFS Auto Outdoor)
Transmission Method: MIMO / OFDM / JSCC
Latency: Less than 1 millisecond
Transmission Distance: 50m (line of sight)
Video Inputs/Outputs: TX: HD-SDI IN x 1, HD-SDI OUT x 1RX: HD-SDI OUT x 2
Video Profiles: HD: 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94i, 1080/29.97p, 1080/25p, 1080/24p,1080/23.98p, 1080/30PsF, 1080/29.97PsF, 1080/25PsF, 1080/24PsF,1080/23.98PsF, 720/59.94P, 720/50pSD: 525i/59.94, 625i/50
Audio Input: 2 channel SDI embedded
Encryption: AES 128-bit (in Uni-cast mode only)
Power Requirement: 11~17V (via V-Mount battery input)11~17V (via external 4-pin XLR)
Power Consumption: TX / RX: 12W
Dimensions (W x D x H): TX / RX: 159mm x 72mm x 190mm
Weight: TX: 850gRX: 800g
Operating Temperature: 0~40°C
If you wish to purchase in store, to avoid disappointment, please confirm the availability of the product at your local John Barry prior to visiting.
Alternatively, orders placed online by 2pm AEST are typically dispatched same day, if ordered online.
If your product is on backorder, please contact us for an ETA.
Shipping is done via Startrack Express or Australia Post eParcel service and tracking advice will be provided once shipped.
For more information, please visit our Shipping Policy.
Should you have any questions regarding our equipment warranty conditions, please contact us
John Barry reserves the right under Australian Consumer Law to refuse a request for an exchange or refund on all final sale items, if you have misused/mishandled the product, or if you have simply changed your mind. Please visit our Refunds & Returns policy page for further information.